Gluten and Dairy-Free Banana Coconut Donuts Recipe
Did someone say donuts? This recipe is both gluten-free and dairy-free and is sure to satisfy that donut-hankering. These delicious donuts are made in the oven, so no deep-fryer needed. As always, we’ve included a vegan modification for our veg-friendly friends!
Looking to veganize? You can substitute the eggs for another ripe banana or ½ cup unsweetened applesauce. Instead of honey, try agave or maple syrup.
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Banana Coconut Donuts
Not only are these donuts super tasty, but also dietary restriction friendly!
For the donuts:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
For the glaze:
- 1 cup dark chocolate (we used The Good Chocolate!)
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease your preferred donut mold
- Mash the banana(s) and add to a mixing bowl
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing in between each
- Stir in the remaining wet ingredients, including the peanut butter, coconut oil, water, vanilla extract, and honey
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, baking soda)
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and mix until combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into greased donut molds, bake for 10-12 minutes
- In the meantime, make the glaze. Place coconut oil and milk into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Then, add chocolate to the mixture and stir until the chocolate is melted.
We used toasted coconut to top our donuts!
Once the donuts are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow to cool. When the donuts are ready, dip them in the glaze and add your favorite toppings. Allow the glazed donuts to chill in the refrigerator for a few minutes to help them solidify. Eat up!
Tried it out yourself? Let us know by tagging #tastermonial on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Tastermonial content is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Take necessary precautions when handling information regarding food and nutrition.