Valentines Day is approaching and we know a lot of people might be celebrating at home. That’s why we’re showing you our favorite dishes to make for your loved ones on this special day.
Read on for some recipes of our favorite dishes!
Zucchini lasagna roll ups
– 2 large zucchini, cut in ¼ thick flat slices
– Oil spray
– 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
– 1/8 tsp garlic powder
– Pinch of red pepper flakes
– 10 oz ricotta (dairy free or regular)
– 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
– 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper
– 1 lb beef or meat of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the zucchini slices flat on the baking sheet and season with salt and light spray with oil. Bake for 12 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Cook the beef in a pan with salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Break up the meat and cook (5-7 minutes). Set aside.
- Spread 1/2 cup of marinara in a baking dish.
- spread 1-2 tbsp of ricotta on each zucchini piece, and spread 1 tbsp marinara sauce and about 1 tbsp of the beef. Roll up each slice and ser in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining marinara over the top then sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melty and slightly browned. Serve and enjoy!
Pesto portobello pizza
– 6 portobello mushroom
-6 tbsps italian pesto
– 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tsps minced garlic
– 6 tsps Italian seasoning
– 3/4 cup tomato pizza sauce
– 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or dairy free cheese)
– 6 cherry or grape tomatoes , sliced thinly
– Salt and pepper
- Remove the mushroom stems, wash and dry them with a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to broil / grill settings on high heat.
- Combine the oil, garlic and 4 teaspoons of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom with the garlic oil mixture and place each mushroom, oil side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet / tray.
- Fill each mushroom with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1 tbsp of italian pesto and tomato slices.
- Broil / grill until the cheese has melted and is golden in colour (about 8 minutes).
- Sprinkle with the remaining Italian seasoning, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Four cheese spinach pizza
For the pizza crust:
– 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
– 1 teaspoon white sugar
– 1 cup warm water
– 2 ½ cups bread flour
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 20-30 minutes for the dough to double in size
- Preheat oven to 450º F
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker’s peel dusted with flour.
- Pinch with a fork and bake for 10 minutes before adding the toppings
For the topping:
- 20 ounces fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- In a large pan coated with cooking spray, saute spinach for 2-3 minutes or until wilted; remove from heat and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir in the spinach, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on the pre-baked (10 min) pizza crust
- Sprinkle the tomato, basil, oil and garlic. Top with the feta cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese softens and is lightly browned.